View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I can understand not going out of state if you are only going to save 300-400, but I saved well over 2500. If the folks in Texas can sell a truck for that price, why not the dealers in Louisiana, they both pay the same amount for the truck?

I think some of the huge Texas dealers have a very small profit margin and rely on kickback from the manufacturer for shear numbers of cars sold. There are probably some dealers in Louisiana that do the same thing, I just happened to find an incredible deal in Texas.

What I liked most about my transaction in Texas was that the truck was advertised online with the exact purchase price - not MSRP and then a bunch of BS haggling. I called the dealership, asked them if they still had the truck, confirmed the price and picked it up the next morning. I don't know why more dealers don't use the internet for straight up pricing instead of pizzing people off with BS haggling and a salesman that has to run go get his manager every time he wants to give a price. Car salesman will one day be a thing of the past. I don't begrudge anyone making a living, but if they don't have the authority to actually quote a price, why bother. I think in the future you will see more and more dealerships using the business model of very few salesmen and far more internet marketing.