View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,338

Yes bow. Tensas. Little over 3/10 mile drag.

Got to stand at daylight with sleet falling and thundering. Texting with a friend when I hear something hit the water in front of me. Saw deer/horns. Told myself to wait for a quartering away shot. Found an opening and put crosshairs there. Soon as he stepped in and his leg nearest me went forward I bleated with my mouth. Was probably in stand 45 minutes. Shot him about 0730

He stopped and I pulled the trigger on my crossbow. Didn't think the bolt passed through, thought I hit front leg on other side. Knew it got at least one lung if not both.

Deer bolted went about 80 yards in some thick palmettos and stopped and stood there.

Lost site of him then I heard him fall.

About that time a 4 point came in and went straight to the path the deer I shot ran off on and went right to the 10 point.

Waited about 20 minutes then something caught my eye where I had shot the deer, it was my nock. Had complete pass through. Started thundering and sleeting hard, was worried about loosing blood trail, shouldn't have been. Stevie Wonder could have followed trail.

I had reloaded my crossbow, when I went to take out my bolt, a deer blasted off in front of me. Pretty sure it was the 4 point

He was where he I thought he fell at.

After jumping up and down and thanking God, went back and went up tree as I had 2 buddies still hunting.

Saw 2 more deer about 1100