View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

You guys are really getting my feathers ruffled. Y'all are right about this sickness...You know it's bad when you make that one hour drive on a weekday just to hunt for an hour before work. Freezing cold wet rain none of it matters when it all comes together. I make a lot of solo hunts and I enjoy those mornings or evenings just sitting with the dog thinking about life more than I can even begin to describe.

I remember a couple years back I was hunting out of a small duck boat I built, at the time I would just pole myself out to one of my closer blinds. It was freezing cold, overcast with a little rain every now and then. I had an amazing hunt that afternoon, the birds were working just how I needed them to, and I had not heard any shots or boats that afternoon, but things changed towards the end of that hunt. The wind picked up to about 20-25mph out the north and the rains really started to fall. I had to pole back to the launch heading into the wind, freezing cold, soaking wet....but I had my limit and had an amazing hunt, along with some hot duck gumbo waiting on me back at the camp....The feeling coming back after all that work is nothing that anything can compare to.