Thread: .270 ammunition
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Whatever shoots out your rifle! Some guns like different bullets. One can say this & the other can say that. It's whatever your rifle groups with! I've got PLENTY rifles
chambered in whatever you want. Some shoot a core
better & some shoot a SST
better & some shoot other
things better. Depends on
the rifle! I've got a rem. That'll spit core lokts like you've never seen, put a ballistic tip in it & no telling where it's going. I've got a Winchester that'll won't shoot a core lokt for nothing, put a win silver ballistic tip & it'll drive tacks. Have a browning that'll drive tacks with SST's & won't group anything else! Trial & error my brother. Sometimes you gotta spend a lil money but it'll be better in the long run.
Your right bro,I should stick with what works. I shoot a browning bar safari and it shoots very tight groups with the hornady sst's. The reason I started this thread was I lost a nice 10pt buck last year. Was hunting on my pipeline stand made a 240 yard shot. He dropped right away,thought I had his azz. Took my phone out to text my uncle to give me a hand,look up and he's gone! Gave him about 30 mins to expire. When we started tracking him we found nothing! Looked over and over again for 4 hours. No blood,no hair,nothing! Part of hunting sometimes...