View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 9-22 & 9-23-17 Calcasieu Crappie

Friday was pretty slow. They just didn't want to bite. We caught 12 and it was like 1 or 2 at each spot. That was up in Dans Bay and Old Town Bay before Dad and I called it quits around 3pm. No pics from that one. Decided to give it a try a little earlier in the day today and headed out around 8am. Have not been south yet so decided to go check on some spots around watermelon bay. Fished 3-4 spots or places in same areas I fished 10-12 years ago and nothing. So searched for some new spots. Found a fallen tree in about 12 feet of water. Fishing 6 feet deep as fast as I could put another shiner on I'd catch another. First 7-8 were extremely small so threw em back and then I remembered I had to get the little ones out the way before so bigger ones had a chance to get to it. White perch are really lazy fish lol. Anyway I boxed another 7-8 small ones and then stArted catching some better ones But still small compared to the ones I caught many years ago. Between all the little ones taking my bait and hanging up in the tree tops I ran out of 48 shiners around 10am and ended up with 20. I'm going to give a couple more trips this week on my 7 days off to find the bigger ones. I know I have to fish main river for this but tournament today had main river muddier than past few days so had to go in bays and cuts. Well that's where I found em anyway. Getting that saltwater itch so hopefully find em soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1327.jpg (50.6 KB, 197 views)