Thread: Heads up
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
At the time of Katrina I was dating a girl from mandeville. And if you drove out of chocolate city it didn't even look like there was a storm. They lost powers for a couple days. Rita destroyed everything in it's way from Cameron to longville. Katrina=water damage(turd floater). Rita was wind damage. A lot more wind damage than Katrina. If the levee wouldn't have broke Katrina wouldn't have been talked about much. Oh and I was 100% right. I said somewhere between Brownsville and Florida.
You are terribly mis-informed, my friend. Mandeville/Covington was not even in the path of Katrina. They were on the eastern side...the "weak side". In case you're wondering, the strongest quadrant of a tropical system is the northwest. You should have taken a drive 20 miles west to Slidell. If you did and you tell me there was no evidence of a storm...I'll know you are full of shat.

The true measurement of the intensity of a hurricane should be by how far inland it travels and still sustains that intensity.. Bustin' up a coastline is no big deal. That's what hurricanes do. Since there is absolutely no resistance, sure...it's gonna tear up everything on that flat land. Look at the tracking maps of both systems and you'll see that Katrina held Cat 2 and Cat 1 force winds alot farther north than Rita. I've only traveled the interstate over that way, and, if that's all you got.....there ain't alot to tear up after it gets away from the coast. Y'all ain't hardly got a tree big enough for a dog to piss on. So, stirrin' up crawfish ponds doesn't sound like that much of a feat.