View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

I don't worry so much about water clarity, we underestimate a fishes ability to locate almost transparent forage in the dirtiest of water conditions, even in the dark of night in that same water. If they couldn't, they'd die. So as long as it's got some salt on the bottom and it's safe boating conditions I can find fish. If there is no tide, I can use wind driven water for moving water or even passing barges in the worst case scenarios.

As far as planning for best fishing.. plan for the tide and moon, but be willing to adjust when you get there. Many times in the spring, fall.. and sometimes even in summer you'll get a high pressure system move in and drop the tide out, dirty the water, even on your best planned tide movement days and if that's the only time you can fish you gotta roll with it. Water movement is key probably over the other items as long as it's safe and not a post frontal condition, and yes, you need a little salinity on the bottom somewhere but if you find it or you have to drive further to find it, you can catch fish.

have fun.