Thread: Truck Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 01:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948
Default Truck Opinions

I'm starting to look at getting a newer truck sometime by the end of the year. Not looking for a brand new one, I just don't trust a new vehicle off the lot, and don't like the idea of it losing so much value when I drive off. I'm looking more in the 2008-2012 range.

Anyway, what I do know for certain is I'm getting a 4x4, and I'm almost certain it will be an F-150 or a Chevy/GMC 1500. I've ruled out dodge and Nissan, and the Tundra. Might consider a Tacoma, but I have a small truck now.

So what I'm looking for is advice from guys that are familiar with the fords and GMC/Chevys. What are the pros/cons of each? How do they ride? Is there a major difference between the v6 and v8 in terms of power and fuel economy? More or less interested in fuel economy. I know its going to be worse than my little truck now (17 city/ 19-20 highway), but does the engine make a huge difference? I've always understood that v8s are terrible on gas.

I've driven both at work, but not all day, every day like someone that owns one. I'm going to be hunting in it, and probably towing a small boat one day.