View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
If I'm reading MG's statements correctly, then you obviously aren't. He clearly states that when the weirs are between 40-80% open over a particular period of time there is a NEGATIVE correlation between body condition and weir openings.

This clearly contradicts your hypothesis.

MG, feel free to correct me if I'm reading that wrong, but I definitely see a chart that shows at 80%, the Condition is below 100, whereas around 40%, the Condition is above 100.
1st off let me make this statement

Trout weight diffrent every month ... So you can not go by body weight or fatness

Here is why , when fish are schooling and gorging on shrimp and pogy they burn as much as they eat !! Have you ever followed a school of fish ? They can move over 12 Miles a day !!

Colder month fish are not as mobile and eat slower and bigger meals and do not burn the enegry

Also fish sitting closer to the weirs over a givin time will likely be fatter depending on there movement compared to a trou up north ?

So saying fish are fatter or better health with weirs open or closed is not telling me anything

Unless you sit and catch every fish at weir !!

Trout move miles everyday

I can show you this summer when I caught 45 trout all soild 2-4lb trout and next day 45 dinks non over 3lbs on same spot same tide ?