View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
You should probably read earlier in this thread where I addressed Ted's article as well as this video.

These people want to talk about the constitution being violated and deer being private property. Deer are not private property. Wildlife is not private property. The land those deer are on may be private, but the deer are not. Wildlife is a Public Trust...no one owns it.

Keith Warren, just like other people in that video, is a deer farmer. He does not have the public's interest at heart. He only has his and other wildlife horders' interests at heart.

The only thing that should be of "great concern" to anyone after watching this video is that Mr. Warren views wildlife as private property. This is not feudal Europe...wildlife cannot be owned by the rich or royal here. That is specifically why we have the Public Trust Doctrine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I think you're trying to stretch this, and not everyone in there was a deer farmer. The whole private property thing was a small part of it. He was simply telling us about the (and yes it is pretty unconstitutional) story of a government agency quarantining private property for no reason. I guess you'reokay with that too though.

How bout the fact that the herds in the wild that have CWD have actually grown in size? What about all of the other facts about CWD, not private property, that were discussed? Looks like as far as I can tell there is no way to stop it, and it is a tiny tiny threat to deer herds compared to other things. This thread is about CWD and carrying deer across borders, not private property.

I hope you can agree that what the DNR did in Iowa was wrong, and the way that CWD was treated is Wisconsin was an extreme overreaction that didnway more damage than CWD ever would.

Who is to gain from CWD? Like stated in the video, I think it's pretty hard to argue the fact that at one point it was such a big deal that it negatively affected deer hunting.