View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Flounder

Cash: 29
Default Shotgun shell recommendations

Pattern your gun, just get with a few buddies and get 4 of each of whatever you can get. I've patterned two of my shotguns and they liked different flavors. I shoot an improved cylinder and my gun patterned black cloud 3 inch number 3's in the 1 1/4 load best. Next and very close was the Kent 3" #4's in the 1 3/8 load. I shoot both these and will also shoot the cheap Remington shells that's a great cheap shell by the way. I bought a case of black clouds Rogers for 189 a case. Not bad at all. Say I go to academy in town and buy the cheap Remington's by the time I pay taxes on them it's like 160. 189 for black clouds isn't expensive when you look at it like that.

I patterned a few types of estates, kents, winchesters, heavy metals and the ones mentioned above. The heavy steel was down right pathetic, the heavy metal was decent and the estates were ok in number 4's but the 2's sucked. This was out of a super black eagle, my other gun I patterned is a stoeger 2000. Totally different results. She liked the cheap Remington's best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk