View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
With that said, if you decide to dive in, I would suggest the Lee reloading kit. I bought the little higher quality Hornady kit, but if I had to do it all over again...I'd go with the Lee. Frankly, it does just as good a job, and you will save considerable $$. I would also advise starting simple with the single stage press. Could mean the difference in an enjoyable first time experience vs. much aggravation.
Very true on all points. I do my rifle reloading on a Lee press and have zero complaints about it. I bought the kit to get started. With the kit you will quickly find that you want to upgrade a few things. The press and dies are great but I upgraded pretty much everything else. RCBS digital scale. RCBS champher deburring tool.
Along with the press and dies there are several other costs to consider. Case tumbler for cleaning brass, polishing media for the tumbler, case lube for sizing brass, stuck case remover (happens to us all eventually), primers and powder. Powder can be an investment.