View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Just looked at old town bay this evening and it's not even 3" vis! I doubt white oak is any better! Maybe north of white oak and if at all likely above serpent. I never fished much above white oak other than trout lines and jug lines for catfish. May start though. All my Calcasieu River fishing has been from watermelon bay to just south of white oak in Dans bay. The back of watermelon bay is always cleaner and I thought about trying that in am until I looked at old town bay this evening. Idk where to try. Dirt dobbers had the water pump hole plugged up on Suzuki and I got it cleaned out now. Since I didn't run far and mainly fished around Anthony Ferry launch I may try that again and run up north. I didn't even make it to that first plant or watever it is I could see the towers real close but didn't make it all the way there. Before putting back on trailer I went to rail road bridge and tried around that with no luck. I see u fish houston river all the time but looks like u mainly bass fish. Have u heard or seen anyone catching white perch in there or west fork? I read where another SC member did some good in there but looks like he went way up to 27 or further and have not seen any post from last couple few years. Kinda looks like he quit fishing up there after they went in there and removed all the tree tops but I'm just guessing I didn't actually see a post stating that. Also seems the ones he did catch were smaller 8"-10" fish. Last year on Calcasieu when I first started in sept I kept the smaller ones but finally figured out the bigger fish and 10" was the min I would keep . Mostly caught 11"-14" fish with quite a few 15" and up to 16". The water clarity in there was about the worse I would even try for white perch. When I first started last year on Calcasieu visibility was about the same 8" or so. But once I could see my trolling motor it was on just does not happen very often anymore on Calcasieu. I guess I'll give it one more shot on houston river since the wind is suppose to be bad and wouldn't want to fish any bigger water in that anyway. If no luck may try Bayou Lacassine or Bell City drain ditch . Anyway like I said I see that u fish houston river a lot what do u think about it?