Thread: Epic 22SC?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 640

I Just bought an Epic 22SC. Did months of research before the purchase. I read all the reviews, especially the ones on the Hull Truth. I talked to the man that was the Manager of the factory in Vivian, LA until recently. He was aware of the threads in the Hull Truth, but they were never contacted by anyone that had the described problems for warranty work. In particular, the transom issue one writer referred to. Another said the hull cracked. He said they attempted to contact the persons in the threads and they never replied to their pm's. This man is now a service manager for a dealer that sells competitor boats and I feel he has no reason to lie. They suspected competition was posting negative articles. I Looked up close at a lot of boats and found no reason not to go with the Epic, other than buying a name. I have found nothing short on feature quality (latches, shocks on compartment doors, LED lighting etc). After examining and checking and debating, I started believing the others may be a little over priced. Suggest you check the boats out for yourself and make your own decision. I had to wait almost 6 weeks for delivery because they are back up with production. Good Luck!