Thread: Duck Hunting...
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Hairout Duck Hunting...

Just saw on FB where a man and his 5 yr old son went duck hunting on a lake east of Dallas...When they didn't return at dark 30 family called authorities...

The father is still missing but they found the 5 yr old drown without a life jacket on...Retriever was found alive...

So very sad.... My heart goes out to that family...

Remember guys.. When in a boat in winter summer or when ever???? Please wear your PFD...

If U have children hunting or fishing in a boat with U.. They are required to wear a PFD... But also it's common sense... Both of my boys where hunting and fishing with me when they were 4-5 yrs old...

I fished a 29' diesal boat when I was married... They were required to wear a PFD anytime they were on the back deck.... No Exceptions.....
Should also have a ditch bag with extra warm clothes, socks rain gear, etc...

When we hunted and traveled by boat... All wore PFD's... Also No one wore Hip boots or waders.. We put our boots or waders on when we got to my destination... I hunted the wax for years.. Saw so many people wearing there waders leaving the landing, some etc.. If I saw a dad with a young child and he was in waders .. I'd respectfully speak up....and Remind the Dad , that may be not the smartest move... I also had running lights and several spot or flood lights.. I almost past over a flat and go-devil traveling the Calumet with not running lights... If you get hit will BADD weather... Stay Puttt.. Don't travel in a gator tail or flat in 25-40 MPH winds in open or large water.

I was raised duck and goose hunting.. It's a sports I've excelled at and loved for over 50 yrs. It makes my heart so heavy to think of that 5 yr. old... The same age when my son and I took his oldest on his first duck hunt...

Again all these things are common sense.... These accidents can and should be preventable..

Should never happen..... PLEASE Heed this reminder.