View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Well, it's slow but we are started. I got a call from Harold that his brother needed a job, and since the resin was evaporating out of the glass from not being overcoated, I put Harold's bro on sanding the 31 mold. It looks like I might be closing up the take over of a 40 footer in the marina hopefully soon, so I'm going to move on the 31 first. There are a couple of 31 berts in the marina, and they just have really been catching my eye lately and something about building a new classic just sounds like fun. And it's only 31 feet, so it wouldn't be such a crazy project. So I think that's where I'll start. The other mold is probably going to turned in a commercial boat at this point, but I'm good with that. Anything could happen with the bigger boat still though as neither myself nor the guy building the commercial boat have funds yet. If I don't build the 40 now, I'll definitely do one next though, it just might not be that mold.

Here are the pictures of the mold after Harold's brother sanded it it. He is starting of the fairing up top and probably tomorrow or the next day will be sanding the whole thing. There were various points where the jacks were, so we got all the holes in the mold sealed up, and then cut off the edges so it looks more presentable. We still haven't gotten the final cut down the center, but it's progress.