View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Today's hunt went about like most of my scouting this year.

We did not hear any gobbling all day.

Luck was not with us today. ~ 9 AM we were in an area that we had heard a Tom gobble 2 weeks ago. We were going to go "just a little" farther to setup.....then a Turkey took off flying from right were we were headed.

Almost the same thing happened ~2 PM.

~ 10 AM.....after calling for 20 minutes, a big hen flew into where we are setup and comes in fairy close before quickly heading away. I think she was trying to tell us that this was "her" area and we should not be there.....she was vocal after landing. We were hoping a Tom would be following her.....but no luck.

The rain held off until almost 2 PM. Then it rained most of the time until we left at 4:30 PM. From Noon till 1:30 the wind blew 10+ mph then it got almost calm again.

We only heard shots fired 2 time today.....so I don't think very many Turkey were kill there today.

I have my hunting vest hanging to dry out and took the shotgun apart to clean/dry it so it will be ready the for the hunt in the morning. I sure hope the wind is not too bad because it is going to be in the mid 30"s in the morning.