View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by youu_whoo_whoo View Post
I purchased a new browning bps about a month ago and every time i go shoot it i have issues with it. Sometimes it ejects the shot shell and another shell out of the magazine tube, but this rarely happens. What it does most often is it shoots and ejects the spent shell but it does not always put another shell into the chamber so when i go to pull the trigger for the second time all i get is a click. It is also hard to get the shells out of the tube with the button because sometimes they get caught and dont want to come out of the tube. Has anyone ever had these problems, and could i send my gun back to browning to get it fixed after duck season since it is an almost new gun that has had these issues from the beginning. Just as a reference i have shot about 50 shells through it. Thanks for any help.
If you don't completely cycle the pump action on a bps, it ejects only, and will not chamber one. Borrowed a friends one year, and it gave me fits. Found the action very stiff compaired to the old 870 in which the pump action is very easy and never has that problem, I was told this is a feature for taking a shell out of the chamber but not unloading the magazine. Never confirmed this, just never used one again.