View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Born 1951....a 33hp outboard was the biggest ya could get, weighed a ton. Metal rods, then came fiberglass, reels were strung with thick black braided nylon line. Our home wasn't air-conditioned until the mid sixties; used a big ol ceiling fan plus Hunter oscillating floor fans..still have one that works from when I was born. Was thrown out the house in summer around 7:30am came in 6:00pm for dinner. We always had a well balanced meal...there was no choice in whether we liked it or not. I drank water for the most part..no soft drinks..sometimes koolaide for special occasions. Always made Sunday Mass, before or after fishing/hunting..but we went. Favorite toys was an Erector set, Daisy BB gun and my own tool set. We always addressed grown-ups as Sir or M'am, if monetarily forgotten a knock on the back of the head always ensued as a reminder. We never ever asked for anything when shopping with mom or dad. Relaxing time after supper was on the front porch, sometimes visiting with neighbors. When the TV (B&W) was on Sunday evening we all watched The Ed Sullivan Show. I fell asleep listening to the Little Rock am station that played banned Rock and Roll artists after 12 midnight. Would never trade my youth for anything nor would I want to go back to those years...I had way too much fun to do it any better....