View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Im not real happy about the reduction in the limit! After Katrina & Rita hit and most of our Mottle ducks shifted to Texas. Did Texas reduce their limit of Mottle ducks during this period when they were more vulnerable to hunting pressure over there?......HELL NO! But now that Ike has shifted them back to Louisiana they appealed to Louisiana to reduce the limits here (THEY ASKED TO MAKE MOTTLE DUCKS ILLEGAL TO HARVEST THIS YEAR) in an effort to reduce the harvest while they are concentrated in our state. And what did the law makers do? They cut our limit to 1 because they knew the hunters would be in an uproar if it they were cut out all together. I think it is a pile of crap. I think that the limits should be based on total populations and not population location shifts due to a temporary change in habitat conditions. In my opinion, it would be like reducing our limit on a certain species of ducks here because the nesting population in North Dakota went down but the nesting population in South Dakota went up. Whats the difference?