View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 11:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

And then quick side story, there was a boat here a long time ago, maybe 15 years back that kicked everybody's butt offshore. It was called the Galleton, which I think means big cookie. Anyway, it was a 38 Bertram WideBody. I remember the last time I saw it, was around 7 years ago, and the fishing was slow out there. I finished the day with 2 sail releases, and right next to me the Galleton had released 9 and was top boat in the fleet. It always did that, it was just one of those boats that really raised the fish. My best friend was driving it at the time, and he was joking with me that he would put out less teasers, and just the crappiest one he could find, and whatever he put out, the boat raised fish.

Ok, so then about 6 years ago, the owner sold the boat, and then it turned over again, and again, and then somebody came along and really redid the whole thing nice. My friend Gener was in charge of the refit. And sneaky Gener knew how good the boat raised fish, so one day when the owner was out of town, Gener did the SAME THING we are doing here to the Galleton. Took a mold of both sides. Completely secret like, the owner had no idea.

So Gener had the molds hidden away, but now both the Galleton and the new owner are long gone, but Gener never had the money to build one. So he sold the mold a few months back to a guy that is planning on destroying them and turning them into a commercial boat. I didn't know they were for sale, but I found out after they were sold. So the new owner refused to let me copy them, until yesterday. The owner of the shop, and a few of the really good fiberglass guys here went and convinced the owner to let me use them to make a hull before he destroys them

SO, if anybody is still reading... Monday we stop this project to fix the other mold. I'm not going to build the whole boat, but I do want to setup the mold, make the hull and put a few bulkheads and stringers in it to keep it stable. I have to move fast because they are about to use the mold as a boat and if I don't do it now it will be gone forever So I'll just post the other build in here with this one, and we'll have a 31 bert stretched to a 34 or 35 going, and then the 38 widebody which I am going to add 2 feet to, just so I can have a 40 footer. More coming soon!