View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Wow, got a lot done today. I'm really worn out. Yesterday we buried the tubes in the ground. Today we got a level out, and used a long hose with water to find levels on the different tubes. And then we welded some more tubes long ways. The idea is to make a level surface, the shop just kind of happened, so it's definitely not a level surface.

Then after doing that, and sticking the port side in, we grabbed the starboard side and stuck it in there and started to level it out. I know these have a really long ways to go, but it feels like we made progress.

Anyways, then we started to stich the front together and the sun went down. Tomorrow we are going to start bolting the two sides together, that is going to be a long process, probably won't have as many photo ops, but I'll shoot pictures of anything interesting along the way. Especially if it means I get out of heavy lifting! Here's a good shot of Harold sewing the front of the boat together:

Right now we are tying ropes to the roof to kind of sort of line things up. Before we do the hull, everthing will be supported from underneath though. The hull was made to be bolted togther, there is a lip in the middle with screw holes. So that should help us out alot. I am trying to find the original boat, it's still in the country somewhere, but I haven't located it yet. I will probably drive out there when I find it and see if I can take measurements. That would be the only way to get the mold to be the same as the original. If anybody reading this has a 38 widebody, or knows where one is and can take some quick external measurements, that would be amazing. Or if not, I'm going to have to go on a road trip and find what happened to the boat this mold was taken off of.

Here's a picture of the hull I'm looking for:

And here is the actual boat this thing was taken off of years ago.

But the company Mar 1 is long gone as so is this boat. It's here somewhere though, I just have to find out where it went. I love the hull, because it raised alot of fish, but we are going to have to make that cabin a lot prettier, because it's ugly. I don't like the step up front. And we are going to be two feet longer.