View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Wow this one brings back memories.

I had the zepco's and that is all I fished with until I was about 12 then my dad have me his old Abu Garcia 5000 man I thought I was the **** with that reel.
$_35 (1).jpg

The first rod and reel I bought was the following summer. I cut all of the neighbors yards for a month to save up enough money to buy a Daiwa procast with an ugly stick. It is funny how you can remember things like that. I was on the way to the camp in Belle River with my great grand father and he knew I had been saving up for the rod and reel. We always stopped at the Canal Villere in Morgan City to get our food for the trip. This Canal Villere has a sporting goods department. Him and my great grand mother were on the other side of the store shopping and I was looking at the reels and I was $10.00 short. He walked up and told me he would give me the extra $10 if I replaced all of the boards on the wharf when we got to the camp.
s-l1000.jpg
I still have both of those reels and use them a few times every year. It if funny the memories they bring back while I'm fishing.