View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I bought this after I had a 3 year old sprint bass boat that my electrical went out on and motor trimmed out of the water at 55mph.
This wasn't the first time it did that but the last time it was going to shoot me across waterway infront of a tug boat and barge.
A year before one guage caught on fire while I was driving it and burnt up my console which sprint fixed.
Got a divorce from the haunted Sprint Bass boat and sold it!!!!!!!!!
Decided I was tired of working for my boat instead of my boat working for me.

After I sold the boat I was talking to Chet at The Sports Shop about how I hated my boat.
Said I wanted boat that was cheap to use and easy to clean. Chet said," I got a lifetime boat for you."
Showed me the boat and I bought it without my wives approval which was not smart.
Man I can never win when it comes to women or boats with attitude of women.

1995 FFL 16FT 9" (Louisiana Traveler) really made across the street from Seaark in Arkansas. Pic has 70hp Evinrude which I had to put to rest (Born 95- Evinrude never really lived outside the repair shop-laid to rest 2013). Now I got a Tohatsu 75 hp. Updated trollmotor last year to motorguide 12 volt 54 lbs trust digital motor and love it.
Deck no wood all cellular PVC on rear with aluminum frame, floor aluminum from factory, and did spray on liner myself.

Speed Avg 38 mph cruise
Max speed 43 mph gps'd (use to be alittle faster but since I gained weight getting older its been getting slower cannot figure it out)

Gas (2 -6gallon tanks) - one to go out and when low I know I got other tank to get back. Gas mileage only 4 mpg if cruise at 38 to 40 mph.
- Now Tohatsu rice burner is alittle better getting 30 to 35 miles out of one 6 gallon tank.
- Now been told Tohatsu is a rice burner. What type of rice does it burn?

Reason I don't see selling it is the boat is fun to run, caught alot of fish in it, cheap to operate, and easy to clean.

Last edited by jlsch1; 08-21-2013 at 07:39 AM.