View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Marlin are often brought to the scales in a lot of big time tournaments. Such a small percentage of tarpon that are caught are actually killed, that I seriously doubt that it hurts a thing. Tarpon are normally brought to the scales only if it is a record class fish or if it is for a tournament.

In Florida, they are not even allowed to be brought into the boat for a picture.
granted, it just seams so wasteful for that many pounds of fish to be wasted is all.

I am in no way suggesting killing them hurts the fish stocks because I have no reason to believe killing a few has any impact but when you take a 100+ fish to the scales for pictures I would just like to think they put that meat to some useful purpose and not just kill it for the sake of killing it to take pictures.

I never thought about the marlin, is that a trash fish not worth eating as well just like tarpon?

I grew up with the rule that if you aint gonna eat it then don't kill it and release it in a way so you don't hurt it if you do catch it