View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969
Default Little Florida Surf Reds

Hit Little Florida this morning with my dad to do a little surf fishing. It was quite an adventure from the moment I started catching bait. I was cast netting just south of Hackberry when a guy pulled up and informed me there was a bobcat watching me about twenty feet behind me. I was still able to scratch out some bait as my new friend kept his distance. This morning, as we had just set rods out, a guy came down and told us there was a 4 foot gator swimming around in the surf. At first, I thought he just wanted our spot, but sure enough, there he was. I watched his head pop up a few more times as he kept moving east, and away from us. Once it seemed kind of safe, I reset everything with fresh cut mullet and caught a nice little black tip. Right after that it was game on. The first red went about 38", and didn't really want to fight until he got inside that first sandbar. Dad caught the next one as I was unhooking the first. That one went about 33". I threw that one on ice. The third one was the pig of the trip at 40", and put up a good stout fight. All in all, a great day. Once the tide went slack, we bugged out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.8 KB, 566 views)