Thread: Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
After 23 arrests for serious charges, the ongoing freedom of Freddie Gray was not a "break trying to do the right thing."

Either it demonstrates complete incompetence in the system not being able to make legitimate charges stick and keep a dangerous criminal locked up, OR it demonstrates a system with a propensity of a police department to ARREST suspects who fit a certain profile without real evidence constituting probable cause to justify the arrests and make the charges stick.

If it turns out to be the latter, the Baltimore police have some explaining to do, as a pattern of unjustified arrests would play into a young man's propensity to flee further abuses of law enforcement power.

If it turns out to be the former, I hope Baltimore can find the political will to do the thorough housecleaning necessary to make legitimate charges stick and keep dangerous criminals off the streets after they have been arrested over a dozen times.

I won't deny that the liberal agenda of entitlement is part of the problem. But I think it would be short sighted to neglect careful consideration of the possible abuses of governmental power and incompetence to execute the legal processes designed to keep real criminals off the streets.
I'm sure you have seen Baltimore's Mayor recently giving "speeches" to the media. If their Mayor is any indication of how their Justice dept is then I'm sure you can figure out the reasoning of why he was still on the streets.