Thread: Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
After 23 arrests for serious charges, the ongoing freedom of Freddie Gray was not a "break trying to do the right thing."

Either it demonstrates complete incompetence in the system not being able to make legitimate charges stick and keep a dangerous criminal locked up, OR it demonstrates a system with a propensity of a police department to ARREST suspects who fit a certain profile without real evidence constituting probable cause to justify the arrests and make the charges stick.

If it turns out to be the latter, the Baltimore police have some explaining to do, as a pattern of unjustified arrests would play into a young man's propensity to flee further abuses of law enforcement power.

If it turns out to be the former, I hope Baltimore can find the political will to do the thorough housecleaning necessary to make legitimate charges stick and keep dangerous criminals off the streets after they have been arrested over a dozen times.

I won't deny that the liberal agenda of entitlement is part of the problem. But I think it would be short sighted to neglect careful consideration of the possible abuses of governmental power and incompetence to execute the legal processes designed to keep real criminals off the streets.

We will disagree here, but I respect where you are coming from.

I have spent more than a few days in the criminal courts, and what I see is a mound of manuevring to allow criminals to go free. When I mention the "right thing" what I am referring to is what I see is the system giving some folks break after break after break. In our area, you see guys with 4 or more DUI's driving around...........keep in mind my grandfather was killed by one of these driver's while he was on his tractor for goodness sake.

Another chance after another chance after another chance........all is does is empower that element of people to continue to game the system.
So while you something that "did not stick" I see an abundance of aquiesence to an acceptble amount of criminal element in these communities.

I would suggest that a person such as this runs from the cops more because he does not want to be inconvienced by the arrest. Maybe he will miss a late night 40 party or a bootie call.

I for one do not take off running when I see LEO.........but I don't have a rap sheet.