Thread: Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Duckman Its obvious to me that you have a problem with authority and possibly your ego.

Yes your 100% correct the cop may not be right but guess what your dead who won that game of chicken...Nobody

My whole reasoning to obey a cops command is the risk of them making a poor decisions. To me it's a matter of self preservation. If something goes down that was handled incorrectly by a LEO, you have a much better chance of "winning" if you remain calm, listen; then handle the situation afterwards with a lawyer.

When I was 16 I was caught drinking outside a bar in New Orleans; and received a minor in possession of alcohol. There was a moment where I thought about running from the cop; I thought I'm younger, faster and can prob get away. Then a little voice told me, if he caught me I would have hell to pay for making him take chase.
I agree. The guy with the pistols, right or wrong, is the instant winner. The "I know my rights!" attitude when, even though you were right, got you shot to death. Put up with a little stupidity and, live. Smack stupidity with a lawsuit or complaint after the fact and, you may actually be the victor in the matter.

All of these "I know my rights types" claim they don't have to listen and, whatever else but, kinda like the 300# dude that wants to fight you at bar closing time, for no reason, your best bet is to find a way out of it other than the altercation. Yeah, he's a jerk and, you did nothing to him but, he's apt to put your butt down if you choose to engage. Yes, SOME cops are just like a 300# bully at closing time.

In closing, please keep it civil so that this can stay in open forum. I really have enjoyed reading the different views thus far.