View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

W.....really??? Ok....I'll take the BAIT! I'll argue this all day long with you my friend.

Laguna & Baffin in TX is 4 times the size of Big Lake, yet they are having problems. So why do you think Big Lake is protected? "size doesn't matter" haha

Here's an email I sent you already that is from LDWF:

"The Department’s adopted a conservation standard is 18% static SPR per biological examination of stock, as outlined below in the 2005 assessment. What this means is that we believe there is a possible risk of adversely impacting recruitment if SPR is allowed to remain below 18%. In order to avoid going below the threshold, the department has adopted the following conservation standard. For spotted seatrout, fishing regulations should not allow cumulative fishing mortality rates to reduce the spawning potential of a cohort on average below 18% static SPR. This conservation standard is designed to stabilize the spawning potential of a cohort at or above the median level found in the 1980's, where existing evidence indicates that the spawning stock had not been reduced to a level that would adversely impact recruitment.

The 2004 status of the stock, defined as the static SPR, is 14.5%, a substantial decline from the 20.9% SPR reported in 2000. This is below the conservation standard of 18% described above.
"

Fact, when we faught for lowered limits back in 2004, LDWF said 15 would not do any good. He said it would have to go to 10 or lower to help bring SPR levels back up. He also said loss of habitat will keep driving SPR down. LA has had 4 major hurricanes since then. You think we haven't lost any habitat??? SPR levels are getting worse! You will soon have your "science" that will tell you trout levels are in trouble.

Look man, my only goal is a healthy fishery. IF LDWF comes out and says its all good, then I'm good. But just because its ok now, doesn' t mean we should be prepared for what might happen in the future.

I release big trout because it makes ME feel good. I release small trout because it makes ME feel good. I don't freeze trout. I only keep enough to eat fresh. They taste diff after freezing. I really don't care what you do with yours. My fish or your fish aren't going to hurt the population. I can live happily knowing that I've done my part for my 4 yr old son to enjoy fishing just as much as I do, and that makes ME happy!