View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Alright guys I just got word on the final count that was raised yesterday and it blew everybody's minds!!! When everything was said and done we collected $180,000 to put in the trust for Tipper!!! I was floored when my mom called me with the final count and couldn't believe it, that is just awesome!! We had a great time and I even had my deer roast make it to the final round of tasting but didn't win. On another note, the BillyStix rod was an instant hit with Tipper. When he was checking out all of the auction items before it started he told his dad and the lady in charge of the items that he absolutely loved the rod so they came get me to tell him a little bit about it. One of the big money spenders and a good friend heard how much Tipper liked the rod so he secured it with a bid before the auction even started and we let Santa bring it to him while they were doing pictures with the little kids. Tipper was very excited and absolutely loves it!!! He thanked me about 20 times when we were getting him loaded up at the end of the night so he could go home. This event is something that I am so proud to have been a part of and shows how great of a community we have here in Delcambre. We had an awesome turnout in the worst of conditions, it was cold and raining but nothing kept the people away.

WOW! Dude you did an awesome job!! This is the first I hear of this and I just read through everything. I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting that number when I was reading. Great Job!!