View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

This wasn't after dark so we could see what they were doing. You know when a pelican gets a full craw and it tilts it's head back to get food to it's throat? Well that's what these birds were doing. Almost like a gargle sorta. But it kinda makes since that if they were really doing that, other ducks would associate that with food or feeding. I have a go pro video of us in a blind and a guy I was hunting with was calling at three ducks pretty constant, the three ducks didn't want anything to do with us, they made one big wide pass and was leaving. After he gave up calling, did a three note bounce or hiccup(whatever you wanna call it ) It was the first time I ever tried it in the blind. Those three ducks turned on a dime and committed. Granted it was the last week of the season so we took em at 45-50 yds and I missed mine.. Lol.. but to me it worked. I have heard others say it has worked as well. I tried it a hand full of times this past yr when nothing else worked and it did nothing, they kept rolling but again I don't do it in the blind much at all so idk if it works or if it was something else that turned those three ducks.

None the less It's something different I can now do on a call and it's really simple to do. To each his own. Whatever works for you, ya know.

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"