View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
Tried something different today. Went down to Burns Point this morning in spite of the heavy fog. What a trip! Never fished that area before so it was definitely a scouting trip. Was targeting reds.......nada, just a 30 lb big nasty. Water was super low and the fog was so thick, we couldn't see more than 50 yds. Hit Oyster Bayou, Yellow Bayou, Jackson Bayou, etc. Nothing, but the tide didn't start moving until 1 p.m. which is about when the fog finally lifted. We noticed peeps fishing 200-300 yards off the bank (couldn't get much closer due to the low water) so we figured they were probably speck fishing so we switched gears. Ended up with only 3 specks, but it was still fun.

Wondering if Red Robin is still active on this site? He used to post lots of reports for that area.
I fish cote blanche but not that far east,I have some buddies that fish out of burnes point and they were burning the reds up awhile back,don't know about now,it's like you say water is low,I fished off the bank at burns point three years ago with cut mullet in nov. and caught five bull reds 20# to 30# and never went back,good place to fish just have to learn it.