View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
If these are the cheap ones from academy they suck. Usually when a pellet hits a decoy it makes a small hole. The cheap academy decoys usually have big cracks and the plastic flakes. I really regret buying any of these.
Ouch. Someone put three pellets in one of my brand new Carver's edge drake spoons. It hasn't sunk yet, but thanks for the heads up on the paint. Looks like I am going to learn a lesson with that purchase. Should've kept my mouth shut with only one weekend under their belt.

My GHG spoons are still operable and look decent after about 5 years and leaving them out all last year. As far as Green head gear I have had problems with premature holes and leaks.

I have to speak good about the 12 cabelas Mallard decoys I bought about 10 years ago. They still look really good. And I abuse the hell out of my stuff.

Flambeau is coming along. Use to be their paint jobs were crap, but they seem to be upping their game.

Has anyone seen the Avian X greys!!! Friggin Awesome. Another level good. If I could bring myself to spend $85 on 6 decoys I would buy them.

I love the game winner blue wing teal decoys with the red eyes. Go China!