View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
What happened to MG?
I do hope that he has not chosen to stop participating in this thread because of a feeling that he may have an unpopular opinion. I welcome a differing opinion because it ensures solid fact based discussion, and just like in the discussion earlier this month about triple tail.. it can end up with a scenario where people form a common purpose and support each other. In that discussion i did not support the original message of "don't support the CCA because they are a bunch of tools (because it didn't take into account all the good they had and continue to do) But i did end up supporting the letter calling for more study, Because it was a amazingly prudent request to make.

People do not easily change there opinions, and I have no doubt that MG most likely still disagrees with legalization and everything that's been discussed here. I do hope that he is looking for supporting studies / cases to refute whats been said here.

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the 10th man rule, It's something that was purported to have started in Israel. It was considered to be the reaction that the jewish people took to deal with the atrocities that had been taken against them (no one would have believed that the holocaust could occur etc etc etc) The rule states that in any meeting of 10 men who are discussing how to act / react in a situation. It's the 10th mans duty is to disagree, No matter how impossible the situation must be to create for him to justify him disagreeing. HE MUST DISAGREE. AT LEAST ONE PERSON MUST PLAY DEVIL's ADVOCATE.

Therefore the committee of 10 comes out with a stronger more realistic law which can cover all eventualities because that 10th man forced them to deal with the unrealistic.

Even if MG continues this discussion as only a 10th man, we must respect his opinion and offer valid arguments, and not wild emotion, to come up with the best possible solutions.