View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 524

I have a 2014 Silverado with the 5.3 V-8. One thing to keep in mind is these trucks have high pressure direct injection pumps mounted on top the engine and are driven by an extra lobe on the camshaft. They operate at very high fuel pressure and according to GM they make a "slight ticking" sound. Well I must have gotten the loudest one made that week. At times it sounds like a bad lifter getting no oil whatsoever. Sometimes I get asked whats wrong with my engine when people hear it. Been to 2 different dealerships and I get the "its normal" excuse. Mine developed the engine vibration at 15,000 miles and I got the same "its normal" excuse. Had seat movement issues, felt like the seat base was loose. Dealer installed some kind of clips that helped a little. And if you have an Iphone connected to the Bluetooth it overrides the sounds and you get no audible alert on your phone when you get a text. Paired my phone to 5 other trucks from 09 to 13 models and all worked flawless, but Chevy will proudly tell you the problem is in your phone and not the truck. Been a GM fan my whole life, but if I had to buy a new truck tomorrow it would be my very first Ford.