Thread: RIP ol Girl
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,329
Default RIP ol Girl

As a dog owner, you know these days will come, buy you are never truly prepared for them! Yesterday was a hard day for the family as we had to lay to rest one of our labs, Millie. Millie and I had a long and winding road over the last 10 or so years. As a puppy, she was everything we wanted for the kids and I. I tend to like smaller labs instead of the big block head over weight ones!! As she finished up with her training, I took take her on her first duck hunting trip, when a shot would go off, she would go hide behind the blind and lay down!! That's not a good trait for a hunting lab. This went on for the first season and I tried everything at home to break her gun shyness to no avail. I finally had enough and told my wife I was going to sale her and buy a new lab. I put her up for sale on the internet and had a few people interested.

It was Sunday afternoon towards the end of the season when a nice cold front was passing, so I told my wife I was going to give it one more try with her on an afternoon hunt! I swear she knew I had her up for sale, as for some reason, that hunt it all clicked for her and she could care less about the gun noise and actually started watching my gun in anticipation of it going off! That hunt was the start of many many more great memories between her and I.

Attached are the pics of her last hunt 2 years ago as I retired after that hunt.
It was too hard on her body.

RIP Millie. You will be greatly missed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4368.jpg (138.2 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4383.jpg (97.6 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4347.jpg (104.2 KB, 650 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4353.jpg (82.7 KB, 649 views)