View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

personally I don't understand this and think it cowardly and stupid for any respectable mechanic to say he is too scared to work on a tractor just because it doesn't have an instruction manual. to me, as long as the customer is willing to take the risk of breaking something (since there is no other choice) then so should the mechanic.

There's more to it than what you think....It is not COWARDLY AND STUPID for a mechanic to refuse to work on something he knows you won't be satisfied with...I was a mechanic who worked diesel , hydraulic , and gas john deere , kubota , toro , and jacobson on a golf course and had guy's come in all the time with mowers and weedeaters they sat up all winter and thought you were a miracle worker to fix....So you get a 200.00 lawnmower that needs a carb that cost $80.00 and a new 2-$4.00 spark plug and a new blade and change the oil and they ***** cause you want $40.00 labor after you had to go thru the trouble of going thru the internet or sitting around making phone calls trying to find your parts and cleaning up all the crud to replace the parts you didn't take care of to start with....The mechanic ain't cowardly and stupid he just knows better....I can gaurantee you when it comes time for a new clutch or serious engine work it ain't gunna be cheap and it probly won't be easy for the mechanic to find parts.....BUY CHEAP,,,,,,GET CHEAP........