View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
40hp is also goin to cost less then a 50 hp on the Tohatsu and Nissan and if it's the TLDI I know you can make the 40hp into a 50hp..... same motor for less money. I would suggest talking to CajunChristian before you do anything and call Lake Area Marine for prices.
The tldi is history. This 4 stroke replaces the tldi. It's quieter, burns less fuel, burns no oil, is quieter, greener, is 53 ci compared to 42 ci.

Keakar, sorry, I just read the last line of your post. Whether or not you can use your old prop from your Suzuki depends on the gear ratios. Tohatsu accomplishes their hole shot with a 2.08:1 gear ratio. That means that motors like the Yamaha and merc with a 1.85:1 ratio may turn a 14 pitch, the tohatsu will turn a 15 pitch because of the lower gear ratio. They are all 13 spline, but we have found we are putting more 15 pitch props on these new tohatsu's where the older motors were running 13's and 14's.
I just finished rigging a War Eagle, War Eagle is Arkansas talk for "heavy barge",1648, 100 gauge boat with floors and walls, 3 batteries, about 400 pounds of junk. The boat is running just under 40mph with me in it, another 200 pound person drops 2 mph. On this barge, I ended up with a 13 pitch PowerTech with tons of cup in the prop. He hunts Arkansas timber and wanted to run super shallow. We are spinning the 13 pitch cupped powertech 6200 with just me in the boat, on the rev limiter, add another 200 pounder, it dropped to 6100 rpm. This guy usually runs 4 men, gear, and dog, so he is propped for a load.
D

Last edited by CajunChristian; 05-18-2014 at 07:34 AM.