View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

And then here are some more destruction pictures! We are kind of doing a time lapse, this boat has been out about 2 months now, but I've been working on my 28 footer so I just go and beat on this one when the other one frustrates me. So here are the pictures of taking the floor out. The back part of the floor was a thick layer of glass:

and then a layer of mud that used to be wood, and then another layer of thick glass on top. The whole cockpit came out like this, we took the top layer off, and then washed the middle layer away with a water hose, and then removed the bottom layer of glass.

The front pieces were a bit more solid, like it was rotten wood not mud, but they were super heavy. A square yard piece took two people to lift up, and it was super heavy for both people.

We decided to take out the front floor in one piece, so first we cut the edges:

and then we put 6 big guys to lift it out. But it was soo heavy that we would have had more luck trying to pick up my pickup truck. So we got out the big motor hoist and finally got it out.

And the floor was that heavy NOT including all the structure that was under the floor. Here is what we were left with after we used the big wench to get the floor out: