View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Heck of a project Capt! Enjoyed your other re-build very much. I have a question concerning all that weight you're taking out the boat. Being you have a tower your center of gravity will change drastically with more weight sifting up from the hull of the boat. Is there any issue regarding stability/handling rough seas in a lighter boat? Will ballast be needed in your bilge area?

One more question...Are your stringers wood fiber glassed over or composite filled?
The tower is weightless as it's all aluminum. I can pick it up by myself, so it really doesn't factor in to the center of gravity. And then when I take the floor weight out of the boat, and the border weight out of the boat, I am actually lowering the center of gravity because the heaviest three things are the hull, the motor which is very low, and the fuel tank which sit on the hull. So it increases the stability, and without the extra weight doesn't crash down so hard on the other side of the wave and give you more of an "on top" of the water feel instead of trying to plow through everything. I did several over a 1000 trips on this heavy boat, and then around 200 on my weightless gamefisherman, and the gamefisherman is soo much better when things get rough. And weight is a big factor.