View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Right you are W; however, look at what they're catching and how they're catching. Juvenile to maybe 14 inch fish. Guides reluctant to leave landing without live shrimp. Trout that haven't reached spawning age. It's a numbers game as you well know. I'll take 10 fish from BL or VB anyday over what the 25 they catch east of here. Do we really need to be catching 100 trout a day to call it a successful trip. Those guides might be catching a bunch now but look at the other 99.99% of fishermen in those same waters. They're not catching those numbers today like they did years ago.
I don't know how good Buras area is year round but I see Matt Caire with loads of 3-5lb trout all the time .

I also know that areas farther east have never been known for large trout like grand isle/ cocodrie and parts of Venice

Trout will spawn at least once before reaching legal size of 12inchs . One thing is for sure. They better have solid hard facts before reducing trout limits , because once they go down , they will never come back up.