View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 07:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 896

My son is an Airman 1st class in the greatest Air Force in the world and stands ready to protect our freedom.

I respect the right of people to protest and express their views. Freedom of speech protects people from government retribution, but I don't have to agree with them or support them or their endeavors.

Alphaman, in the presence of raising the flag, the anthem and the lowering of colors I stand with my hand over my heart. At home I guess I never really thought about standing but I put my hand over my heart and we don't talk or do other things while the anthem is performed on TV.

I would rather see folks who believe strongly about something work to fix the problem, especially if they have the platform and the means. Since we're talking about the NFL, JJ Watts actions in Houston are exemplary.

Finally, with no disrespect aimed at anyone but as a challenge to everyone I cite this article from the NY Daily News in March 2016. Did this black life matter (all involved are African-Americans)?

"Three suspected gang members who executed a 9-year-old boy in Chicago initially wanted to kidnap the child and cut off his fingers and ears, authorities said Tuesday.

A 22-year-old man who cops say pulled the the trigger was charged with first-degree murder late Monday in the death of little Tyshawn Lee.

Tyshawn was targeted because of his father's gang affiliation and a recent series of shootings between two rival gangs, the Gangster Disciples and the Black P Stones."