View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
And the reason it can is because of the fact that it is there. No weirs, no marsh. That point has been made time and time again. Whether you understand that is irrelevant. As has been stated, there are fish slots for fish to move in and out of the marsh through those weirs. Also as has been stated, the weirs are not closed indefinitely. They open when certain conditions have been met and on full moons.

I'm just curious what your issue is with the management of the weirs. Explain to me, with real evidence, what makes you think that marsh is healthy. And the fact that there are tons of fish, shrimp and crabs does not make it healthy. It has also been stated that shrimp and crabs feed on dead vegetation, which is an indicator of a less than healthy ecosystem. There is a good bit of that. Now I will tell you, there is a good bit of submerged aquatics in that area now, which is a definite improvement over what it was in many places a year ago.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well your fish slots you talk about are pretty useless when the lake is 3ft higher that the marsh....shrimp ,crabs and fish do not swim up a 3ft wall...and when tide is low you still have a 2ft drop

Red fish use this marsh to spawn and so do trout so by closing the weirs you blocking habits
Shrimp from that marsh feeds out with bait fish and the lower south end of the lake which NO bait is coming out with gates closed