Thread: Gastric Surgery
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Lookin good! That brown blazer is a bit more roomy now, how awesome is it to feel AND see progress?

My change and weight loss was minor compared to yours, but the habits were difficult to change none the less. It was so hard to change the way I ate, and make the necessary time for exercise. Now, I guess it all became routine like you said in your blog - I can't imagine going back to those ways, and am actually doing more active things in addition to the workouts I had so many excuses to skip in the beginning, and "never" had time for.

Keep it up, and keep the blog posts coming - they are motivating!
Thanks Goooh... appreciate the feedback... To me the whole point of going the surgery route was to give me a huge jump start and then finish the race through exercise... (let me be honest at 327 lbs i wasn't able to exercise much of nothing but my mouth)

It's always best if you can do these types of things yourself...
Kudos to you for recognizing how important good health is to you long term and doing something about it.... rather than wait till things got drastic like i did.

Surgery was really my last option... most of my adult life i was able to hang out in the 210-240 range... which for someone 5'9" isnt skinny.. but is still "reasonable".... Once i had diabetes and had to start taking insulin... I just could not control my weight anymore.