View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

As far as sponsoring a family, I think it's a great idea but don't believe cash is not the way to go. We had a deal back home where we brought them a hot meal with presents on Christmas Eve. It made me cry on more than one occasion. We once showed up at a house, the name given by our home county and, the man was heating up hot dogs on the stove for the Christmas dinner. There was no tree. There was no presents. A teacher across the street had told us of the situation of a single father raising his three kids. Times get tight.... The look on those 3 kids faces when we showed up, Santa in tow, with everything they needed for a REAL Christmas, was irreplacable!(SP?)

My wife and I are already sponsoring a senior citizen through the church this year but, if there is anything I can do, you know I'm on board! It's a little tight now, but, what you gonna take with ya when you're gone?...Not a dime!

God Bless and I hope we can get on board with donations enough to cater to more than one family's needs! I don't care where the families are located. There are families all across our great nation that deserve a great Christmas that won't have one if it's not for people like us that can provide it!

Donation sent.