View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstulb View Post
This is absolutely wrong. If this were the case, no oyster reefs would have originated anywhere without the great help of oyster fisherman. They do way way more harm than good they desacrate reefs to the point where they are barren. Two huge reefs in west cove are gone nothing but flat hard ground NOTHING, I have waded these flats for years and the reefs are gone. Nothing grone back since last oyster season..

In an age where pasturized oysters are so prevalent it makes no sense at all to rape our natural reefs. Which act as filtrition to our lakes water. Also provide feeding and spawning areas for our fish in Calcasieu..

No more dreading! Send them back to polling for there oyster
Ughhhh! it is just like the dog hunting debate! Some people can not put personal feelings aside to see the truth and will only believe what they want to think is true because of what they percieve.

You obviously have not been to the real oyster grounds of south LA from Dularge down to Lafite. If you would spend anytime at all down there you would understand. Big Lake is a very small estuary compared to those areas with as many or more sport fisherman. Thus, a whole different problem occurs - fishing pressure. The fishing around Dularge, where my dad has a camp is fantastic, and we have a ton of oyster boats. Now, I hate them for a different reason, but you obviously know nothing about oyster harvesting, and your statement is funny!