View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

When I bought this car I checked it fairly well. I knew it had some rust. I mean what nearly 50 year old car dosen't. However, I have to say I have been surprised at some of what is being found. The floor boards had been poorly patched with fiber glass. The rear tail light panel was a mess and full of bondo. The rear fenders where full of bondo etc. etc. etc.

All that said it would appear that the car itself is in good condition. I did have to order new front fenders, the rear tail light panel both rear qtr panels and both doors. But other than that is apperars to be solid. Corey is planning on sending off the car to have it blasted to get a better idea of the condtion of the cab and frame rails. When it comes back I hope there are no surprises and he will be able to start on the fun stuff. We had discussed converting the car to a fastback but I decided not to due to the cost.

I have to say that Corey has been a real pleasure to work with and I'd highly recommend him to anyone considering a project like this. He is keeping a very close eye on the cost and time involved and they are flying along. I know where I will bring all of my future work to.