View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post
Just bought a boat motor and trailer in Fla. All three have separate titles. And you will have to go to DMV for trailer, Parish tax collectors office for parish taxes, and Get the state form on States website. I was able to pay the state online. After all that then you can send to wildlife and fisheries. Its not a big deal just gotta go thru it.
This. Just bought a new boat from TX less than a month ago. The bank took care of the trip to the DMV for me, so that was nice. Had to go to school board office to pay state and parish taxes. You shouldn't have to go to separate places for these two taxes. Once they're paid, you can register your boat with WLF. I drove to BR to get my registration instead of waiting for it in the mail. Took less than 5 minutes. No telling how long it will take if you mail it all in. They say 2-3 weeks, but I've never been that lucky and know some people who have waited for months. I think you are good to go without a registration for 30 days or so, but I could be wrong on that.