View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Trout and Redfish 7-12-17

Left Calcasieu Point around 530. Was calm and wanting to run lake so went to Heberts for my shrimp after catching pogies by launch. Had every intention on running south but water was pretty out of Heberts so went to the reefs in northeast corner. By 730 had caught 20 trout but only boxed 6. Got tired of messin with the little school trout and again was going to run south but wanted to check out this cut I fish that goes back up in the marsh. Tide was coming in perfect not too hard not to light. First cast caught a 3 pound trout. Just before 9am I'd put number 15 in the box. Trolled a little further back and the reds were exploding the the bait back there as well as big trout. Easily could have kept another limit of trout I caught trying to limit on reds. Around 11 number 5 redfish went in the box. They were either too big or too little so took a little work to get my limit. 25 reds caught easily as well but a lot of 10-12" ers. Had one little bonus flounder that is already in the oven with another one I caught other day wade fishing. Fishing was awesome!! And only burnt 6 gallons of fuel leaving me plenty to go back after em in morning. The trout acted like bass after setting the hook jumping and flipping out water doing their damnest to come off hook. Nice to see the lake getting back to normal. Turners still dirty but should be good soon. All fish caught in northeast corner of biglake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1232.jpg (71.0 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1233.jpg (55.7 KB, 584 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1234.jpg (75.0 KB, 581 views)